5.09.2011

This has gotta be the good life...


My weekend was full of pure happiness. Friday night I spent the evening with my kiddos Otto, Greta, Liesl and Gunnar. Not many things make me happier than to see their faces and their smiles. Saturday morning I had the pleasure of making the drive home to participate in the Get Busy Livin' | Dylan Meier Foundation | 5K run...which I unexpectedly placed 3rd in my age group among women and set a new personal record for myself. I then returned to KC to spend a fabulous afternoon in the sun, wearing my derby hat and hanging out with two great friends, Susannah and Dan. We then ventured to our good friend Raph's house whose brother was celebrating his graduation from UMKC School of Law. Such an amazing family. After that I ventured yet again to Bside surrounding myself by my favorites. Sunday was spent enjoying the weather with Miss Marie and reflecting on how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful mother. How do you define happiness?



Happiness is my life. 
Happiness is a warm spring day with the sun shining down on my back.
Happiness is taking my little one on a walk and smelling fresh cut grass.
Happiness is waking up at 6:30 to start getting ready for the day, calling my doctor and him telling me I don't need to come in until 10:00.
Happiness is lying in bed for an extra hour and cuddling with my snuggle bunny, Marley.
Happiness is lying in bed listening to Pandora and discovering amazing new artists.
Happiness is being surrounded by friends and family.
Happiness is being back home surrounded by a wondrous community to remember DQM.
Happiness is seeing his family smile knowing he would be so proud.
Happiness is unexpectedly winning an award.
Happiness is being welcomed in to someone else's family and being treated as one of their own.
Happiness is seeing a mother so proud of her child.
Happiness is being back in KC.
Happiness is a wearing big derby hat.
Happiness is sitting on the deck in the sun sipping on Sangria and catching up with old friends.
Happiness is hearing the birds chirp outside my window.
Happiness is a run outside.
Happiness is seeing my kiddos and being greeted with a big hug and a kiss.
Happiness is making them laugh.
Happiness is reading them a book before bed.
Happiness is the smell of fresh, clean sheets.
Happiness is owning and loving my singleness and independence.
Happiness is looking in the mirror and feeling beautiful.
Happiness is being thankful for what God has given me.
Happiness is me being me.
This has gotta be THE GOOD LIFE.




-Stay Sassy, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...